Monday, July 29, 2013

The elusive perfect coral lippie

The ups and downs of my search for the perfect summer lip color, first chronicled here, almost threatened to wear me down. I thought the Revlon lipshine was "it".  Then I realized I couldn't keep it on for more than 10 minutes.  Seriously, where does lipstick go?!  I wasn't eating or drinking, licking my lips or even talking much. Yet it disappeared into thin air.

Someone I work with sells Mary Kay. Although I've never had good luck with their products, she swore to me that if I tried the True Dimensions line, I'd be sold.  I took the leap.  Why not?  If it didn't work out, it would join the many dozens of failed attempts at the perfect lip color in the plastic container under my bathroom sink. Also known as the lipstick graveyard.

I ordered it and waited patiently.  When it arrived, the first thing I noticed was the novel tube.  You press the clear lid at the top and the bottom pops out.  Turn it up like any other lipstick and apply.  It's a pretty silver cylinder, quite chic for those quick after dinner touch ups.


I've had it for a week.  The verdict?  Beautiful sheer color in the lovely coral shade I hoped for, just a touch on the orange side.  Staying power of 2-3 hours, lots of moisture and just a bit of sheen.  I've ordered 2 more since I now live in fear that it will be discontinued.  Everytime I find the perfect lippie, it gets discontinued.   

It's $18 and can be purchased directly on the Mary Kay site if you don't know a representative.

No comments: