Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I am a selfish bee-otch


My parents ask for a Christmas list every year.

It kinda makes me feel like I'm 12 again, but it's sweet and I always dutifully comply because they are Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Seriously.

Pretty much everything that goes on the list shows up under the tree. I've never tested the limits of their generosity by asking for, say, a car, because I'm not that kind of girl. But I really think they'd go for just about anything because even though they never want gifts and complain about the commercialization of the holiday, they still really want to buy for people and make them happy.

Since my mom's a planner, this is the time of year she asks for the lists. I had already been thinking about mine for months and had been jotting down things that I'd like to add to my arsenal of stuff.

My husband also sent in his list — yeah, he asked that donations be made to a charity that benefits local school kids.

$*&%^*#*%)

My parents were most impressed by that and told me how mature this was. Talk about feeling 12 again. Somehow that seems more generous than me requesting a scarf made by disabled people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG..you are DAMN funny! This rally did make me LOL! I am in he same boat with a list as long as my arm only I am buying all year long for myself and come CHristmas there's no $-HA! Hubs is content to save the world. I am B-A-D or maybe BE-OTCH is most fitting.
sweetsy