Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Shoe Haiku: The White Album


I tried so, so hard
To wax poetic 'bout shoes
But, I got nuthin'.

No Shoe n' Tell: At work, when we're lacking ideas, we always joke about doing the White Album, a reference to the Beatles' nearly blank cover. Yeah, well, this would be my version. Except, while I don't even know what's on that Beatles record, I'd guess it's pretty amazingly fabulous while I really, truly am blank as a sheet o' paper. I could talk about my friend's wicked cool, studded Valentino heels, but that's about all I've got. And quite frankly, I'm too jealous to do that. More than that, I'm tired. And even more than that, I am hot. Yup, I am ready for a real, true day off from everything — which will never happen because I have kids and dogs and a husband with short- and long-term memory issues.

1 comment:

SunnyDay said...

We need a lady lunch. Get us out of the house for a while and we can pretend our lives aren't scheduled to the hilt for a few hours.