Thursday, March 24, 2011

Back On The Wagon




OK, so yesterday I confessed to using (and loving) a non-green lip gloss. Well, today's posting is my, um, meakeup culpa.

I'm climbing back up onto the wagon with some Josie Maran lip gloss.

Got the Brilliance shade (a slightly shimmery pink) with the limited edition Argan Naturally Sunkissed Bronzing Collection ($48) that I recently ordered. Whew. That was a lot to type.

Anyway, the Sephora kit is a great value, and if you throw in the $2, on-sale toenail clippers, you can score free shipping toe. I mean, too.

While other natural lip glosses I've tried have added nice sheen, they're not especially longlasting. In fact one tube (I'm talking to you, Alba Botanica Terra Gloss) actually felt like it was sucking the moisture out of my lips. But, the Josie Maran gloss painted on nicely, shined up the ol' kisser and has some impressive staying power.

Sephora reviewers were fairly brutal about the brush applicator that comes with the gloss. Aside from it being kinda hard, it didn't shed or cause any other problems.

JM also has a good range of colors, too. It's worth a try, especially as part of that kit because then you score some of that amazing Bronzing Argan Oil.

No comments: