Monday, August 1, 2011

A Clean Moisturizer


Oh skin. Can't live with you, can't live without you.

I've always had a heck of a time with my complexion. Things finally seemed like they were on the upswing a few years back. Then things took a turn for the pimply. And the dry. Oh, but parts are still oily, too. Who knows what to do?

Complicating things is my new goal to keep cosmetics and cleansers clean and green. If I weren't so stubborn, I probably could even things out — and only poison myself a little bit.

One brand that I've had remarkable success with is 100 Percent Pure. I've used the cosmetics and lotion. After being non-plussed by another clean moisturizer, I gave Argan Oil Hydration Moisturizer SPF 30 ($26 for 2 ounces) a try. Good stuff. It's light, very light. I'd venture to say it's best for oily or combo complexions. Really dry skin might need heavier stuff.

I like that it rubs in well and has argan oil, which is the latest beauty darling. No scent, which is a big bonus for my bloodhoundish self, and it rubs in quite easily. No Casper-ish cast.

No comments: