Thursday, January 28, 2010

The $5.99 Antidepressant




My little boy has been antsy to get a new hula hoop. Don't ask me why.

So, I went to Target last week. No hoops. Did you know that hula hoops are SEASONAL? Wha? Makes no sense. You can hula hoop indoors year-round.

Well, the good news is, they finally appeared, and let me just say, I don't know if they do any actual calorie burning, but it sure is fun. It's physically impossible to feel grumpy or angry when you do it. It'll start to slide down the hips, and you have to do a slow, clunky shimmy to get it back up. You feel like such a dork doing it that you just smile.

Spinning that big sparkly circle around makes me feel like i'm 7 again. No cares in the world, and a long, hot summer full of grape Popsicles waiting for me.

Of course, the 2010 version of the hula hoop is no plain Jane — it's called a Wave Hoop and has water inside. The sloshing sound is soothing, but it makes me have to pee.

Anyway, it was six bucks well spent.

No comments: