Thursday, May 9, 2013

LBD

Can a girl have too many little black dresses?  I did a count in my closet and I have six.  I also have 2 that are navy, which is very close to black, and one that is black with an ivory panel.  What is the attraction?  They're versatile. With heels and a great necklace or scarf, they can go to the office and to happy hour afterward.  Worn with flats and a denim jacket, you're dressed to run errands or go shopping. Throw on a strappy sandal and some fun bracelets and wear the LBD to brunch. 



A great LBD can be found at every price point.  Ponte knits travel well.  Silk suits warm climates. Tropical weight wool stands up to an office job. As versatile as the black dress is, it makes sense to have more than one in your wardrobe for different uses and different seasons.  At least that's what I tell myself.

Maybe tomorrow we'll talk about how many black pencil skirts I have.


1 comment:

Sandarella Sandy said...

I agree, there is nothing as versatile as a black dress. Which reminds me, I need more...