Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Such a Tees



If there's one thing my closet doesn't need, it's another T-shirt.

Stuffed into drawers and dangling from hangers are all kinds — plain, pimped-out, oversized, slim-cut. I pruned out several old-school J Crew crewneck shirts (the neck was just too crew). That must explain why I feel like I need to restock.

High on my list:

Madewell Centerpiece Tee ($48). This silk jersey shirt with cotton/Modal paneling puts an unexpected twist on the staple. It's loose but not baggy, and I really like this olive/blush color combo. Haven't yet purchased a single Madewell item (anyone know about sizing? I've heard it tends to run small). Perhaps this could be the one, when the appropriate free-ship code comes through.

•Urban Outfitters' Kimchi Blue Chiffon Front Tee ($48, must be the new magic price for fancy tees). I love a good fake-out. In this case, it's the faux strapless look. Sexy and practical. The juxtaposition of a cuddly gray T-shirt with a flowing Grecian look is such fun.

1 comment:

SunnyDay said...

I love both of these. If I had to choose one, I would go with the Madewell tee.