Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pause!



In what could be no clearer sign of the techno times we live in, my kids always yell "PAUSE!" when they want things to stop. You might be reading a story to them or sitting at the dinner table, not even watching TV. They think life can also be dictated by remote control.

I wish.

I'd have hit pause a lot, especially this week (which has only just started). Like most people, I'm stressing out over the holidays and all that needs to be done. A lot I pile on myself (baking). Wish I had time for yoga, I really think that would help. One day.

In the meantime, because I think everyone could benefit by hitting "pause" for a silly story, here's why kindergarteners rock:

On Mondays, my day off, I help in my little boy's classroom. Naturally, they're all amped up on Christmas spirit. As we worked on writing a story, one little dude wrote about how he was excited about the presents he would get — especially one that he knew would be under the tree.

His writing got impossibly small.

"Why is that word so tiny?" I asked.

His voice dropped to a whisper, "I don't want my mom to know that I know what I'm getting."

Priceless.

1 comment:

SunnyDay said...

Oh my gosh, that is SOOOOO cute.