Monday, September 21, 2009

Perfect Eyelid Primer



I have amazingly oily eyelids. Eyeshadow slides right off or else just melts into the crease. A lovely look. Usually this happens after about, oh, 45 seconds after I apply shadow.

I tested several different products, but nothing could help. While standing in front of this lid primer in a mini genie bottle at Sephora, a nice sales guy asked me if I needed any help. I told him my problem, and he led me away from the genie bottle to Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. "This," he said, "will work."
Since Sephora has such a liberal return policy, I plucked it from his hands and marched to the register.
Dude knows his greasy lids.
The primer is creamy, similar to foundation and about the same color. It has a Q-tip-like stick, which I use to dab it on. Then I use a small, stiff makeup brush to blend it all over my lids. Next comes the shadow. The primer disappears beneath and turns my shadow smudge-free.
Love it.
You can pick up your own primer at Sephora for $20.

No comments: