Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hee Hee Hee....She Said "Spit"



Site O' The Day: Allsaints Spitalfields

So I've been wanting to order from Allsaints Spitalfields, a UK site that sells comfy, apocalyptic-looking clothing. Seriously, go troll the site — there's not a lot of color, clothing is drapey and loose, and it looks raggedy, all in the best possible way. I love it. The clothes look like they'd be on the best-dressed survivors of a nuclear holocaust.

Also, like the true junior high schooler that I am, it makes me giggle a little to say "spital" even though it's not spelled like "spittle" 'cuz it makes me picture someone speaking fast and furiously with the foam flyin'.

Despite free shipping to the U.S., I haven't drunk the Kool-Aid because the prices are on the high side. But today, an e-mail crashlanded in my inbox proclaiming a sale. Yippee.

Lurve the Vasu cardi, which fastens with an oversized safety pin (I inexplicably lust after the giant ones In-N-Out employees use to keep their red aprons tied on).

The stripe Manila cardigans is one of the few pops of color on the site. The funnel-ish neck is cool, and those asymmetrical buttons and back are on-trend and just plain awesome. The Beetlejuice-ish stripes would rock a pair o' jeans.

Check it out. Shop. Tell me what you think.

1 comment:

SunnyDay said...

I love their clothes. I have no idea where I'd wear them and yet I want them. I do love the description best dressed survivor of the nuclear holocaust. This is post apocalyptic dressing at it's finest!!