Thursday, July 15, 2010
Random (And Not So Deep) Thoughts
• Enough with the oversized logos already. I have had quite enough of super-sized initials plopped right smack in the middle of things (I'm talking to you, Michael Kors and Coach). It's basically like marking your territory — the fashion equivalent of urinating on someone's stuff.
Please designers, when people love you, they spot your style. You don't have to put your mark all over it.
• New and completely cool discovery — Where Did U Get That. Wow, she's got some style. I don't even feel worthy to scroll through this blog, quite frankly. Karen wore these skater shoes by Unique in a recent post (third one from the top, "Pinky") and I am head over heels for these look-like-heels-but -they're-wedges shoes. It's INSANE to heart them so, they're too high, too expensive, too young, too completely irrational and yet....
• This J Crew ribbon dress is another infatuation. Can't find it online anymore, so it must be sold out — especially since it went on sale. Ah well. A pop-back, perhaps? Although as much as I love this and it's way more practical than the aforementioned shoes, J Crew sizing has gotten so screwy that I'd never run the risk (or pay the too-high shipping price) by buying online. Put this in the "One That Got Away" Pile.
• Since there's no color listed on this bottle of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polish, I have dubbed it "mint chip." Ha.
• And finally, short eyelashes DO suck. I now know this firsthand since there was an unfortunate grilling incident last night and I singed off half the lashes on my right eye. Also did a fair amount of damage to the hair on the right side of my head. Burned hair smells like perm. I am officially done grilling for the season. Maybe forever.