Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cheap Thrill: Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer


So, I'm on this insane, cut-out-the-crap-cosmetics kick. That means checking ingredient labels on my copious beauty and skin care products for bad chemicals. Next step is finding suitable alternatives since my current stuff could make me glow in the dark, at the very least.

In a twisted way, it's kinda fun because it gives me an excuse to restock.

Of course some of the worst offenders filled with parabens and other assorted yucky things are lip products. I'd already been on a tinted lip balm kick anyway, so it didn't take much persuasion to try Burt's Bees lip shimmers. They're cheap ($4.99 at Target) and readily available. The color range was limited, but I loved the way the stuff rolled on with a refreshing peppermint kick. No one can tell if you ate garlic at lunch after putting on the Burt's Bees.

The raisin color, one of the deeper berry ones, offered good coverage and had a bit of shine. It wasn't especially long lasting, but that's fine — especially since reapplication doesn't mean subjecting yourself to any nasty ingredients.

No comments: