Monday, October 11, 2010

The Wedding Dress




No, I don't mean the kind that the bride wears.

I was invited to my first wedding in.....well, a really, really long time. In another few years, I'm sure there will be another cycle of weddings as people embark on their second ones.

For the occasion, I broke out the H&M Garden Collection red dress that was purchased back in March. This is, ahem, the first time it's been worn outside the house. Now, are you ready for the funny part? The bridesmaids were in STRAPLESS, RED, FULL-SKIRTED dresses. Really. AND, it was at a Mexican restaurant with fat, paper roses everywhere. I totally blended in.

The lovely girl with me in her fanciest duds in Child No. 1. She was my date — she was much, much more excited than my husband about the prospect of attending her first wedding. It was a good girls' night out.

2 comments:

SunnyDay said...

I'm so glad H&M dress got it's day in the sun. Or in the Mexican restaurant :) Looks really gorgeous on you!

Jenni said...

You both look so pretty!! What a great idea to take R. with you!