Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Broken Promise


I imposed an internal fashion ban. I didn't dare utter this out loud to anyone, lest I get caught violating it.

Good thing, too. 'Cuz I broke it.

Two things my wardrobe does not need — hoodies and t-shirts, specifically boyfriend tees. Yet, I love them both so.

When I saw this happy, striped Project E v-neck through the glass door of the closed-on-Mondays Butz Jeans Co., I made a mental note of it. When I went back the next day to get a pair of jeans, I actually commented on how cute that combo of red and purple was. Then I went home and thought about it. Nonstop.

I ended up calling and having it held until I could add it to my overflowing T-shirt stash.

I'm not the least bit sorry, either. That bright color combo makes me think of jelly beans and rolling down grass hills. It's perky and bright. I don't have a lot of patterned tees. So, I needed it.

4 comments:

SunnyDay said...

Great colors! I love the v-neck and it looks perfectly slouchy.

Jessi8a said...

Love it , good buy! I'd like to see you wear it with a bouncy, floral print skirt in summer...layered under hoody of course

Mugdha said...

I think v-necks should be an exception to the t-shirt ban. My v-necks certainly are haha.

Unknown said...

Very cute tee. I like those colors. As far as the shopping ban, everyone has to find their own way. Not sure what that means, but just saying you'll find a balance if you want to. :-)