Sunday, May 16, 2010
Baby's Got A Brand-New Bag
Meet the newest member of the fashion family — B. Makowsky's Alexandria satchel.
Ain't she a beaut?
Armed with birthday gift cards and money, I decided to make this leopard-print purse mine. 'Twas on sale and while for most of my life I've rarely spent more than $29.99 for a bag, I realized that of all things to spend money on, a good bag is worth it.
Love the squooshiness of the B. Maks and the amazingly soft leather. This opens wide, and while the hardware is a bit much for me, the animal print is understated and lovely. This bag speaks to me. Really — it kinda creaks when I open it wide because of all the metal. This not only amuses me but seems completely age-appropriate.
As long as we're admiring a new bag, let's also play a round of What's She Schlepping?
This roomy bag has space for (clockwise, kinda from left):
• makeup bag
• a cheap Target wallet that needs replacing (spent all weekend on ebags and can't commit to a double-zip wallet)
• monogrammed Kleenex (a gift, makes me feel very Mrs. Howell from "Gilligan's Island")
• Trader Joe's Espresso Pillows (the ultimate way for a sweet, caffeine rush)
• reusable shopping bag (the green ball; it folds into itself and is totally cool)
• iPad (gulp, yes, my hubby's extravagant birthday gift that prompted my friend's 17-year-old daughter to say, "Spoiled!" I'm not a tech girl — ask the IT department at work. I recently needed saving because I didn't realize these Tic Tacs behind my monitor weren't screwed in. Yet, I love this. LOVE it. Super fun and means I can shop ANYWHERE.)
• Miss A girl's army knife, complete with tweezers and a compartment for perfume
• lipstick-shaped pen
• dino fruit snacks, just in case someone needs a little somethin'