Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cheap Thrill/New Product Alert: Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm




This stuff is so new, Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm doesn't even show up on its own Web site yet. But, I did just find it at Ulta. And if it's at a store in Tucson, you know it's got to be out and readily available everywhere but Antarctica (you can never find anything cool and new here).

So, ta da.

At $6.99, it is a cheap thrill as far as natural cosmetics go. It's got more (and better) oil than a BP spill — coconut, vegetable, olive, sunflower seed, castor seed, canola. Plus, it's got shea butter. As you can imagine, this is one of the most hydrating balms around. The balm feels smooth, slick and not the least bit goopy. It lasts, too.

Make no mistake — the tinted balm wouldn't cut it on the set of "Mad Men." Contrary to the "Rose" color's packaging, you don't get a deep, Joan Holloway-worthy red. This balm is among the sheerest of the sheer. It's a very subtle tint that just enhances your own color. The lip tint adds a nice hint of shine, too, which is why I'll cut the sheerness some slack.

Burt's Bees also gets bonus points for the eco-friendly, recyclable, cardboard packaging (makes up for my guilt over three babies' worth of disposable diapers still mucking up the landfills). In fact, the outer tube is cute enough to keep around.

Colors included nude, a pale pink, even a burgundy-ish color deeper than the Rose.

If you're one of those gals who prefers to go light with the lips and likes some shine, you'll definitely want to hunt this down. I like it so much, that after not even a full day of wear, I am going to declare it my new absolute favorite. (Read about previous favorite here.)

3 comments:

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

I am having a bit of an OMG moment because I am addicted to Burt's regular chapsticks AND I am super-lazy about applying lip color. This is perfect - I must hunt some down immediately! Thank you!

Unknown said...

I really like this lip tint because it goes on smoothly for even coverage. I was given the Rose color to try and it compliments my olive skin. The amount of color it gives looks completely natural and it smells amazing!
Some cons are that the size of the lip balm is the same of any regular Burt's Bees lip balm, which makes it a little harder to be precise when working with the corners of the mouth. It'd be perfect if they made it thinner.
100% natural ingredients

Welcome to my blog at: http://blog.soliditytrade.com/

SunnyDay said...

They have a nude?! I'm going to try that!