Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's A Wrap




Some of my friends typed themselves silly, extolling the virtues of wrap dresses in e-mails.

I didn't believe them. Until this DVF dress.

Wraps are simple, versatile (depending on what kind of cami you wear beneath) and they look elegant.

This basic black Banana Republic needed a little sumthin' sumthin', though. I think the Cruella de Vil coat tops it off nicely.

Outfit: Oxford and Regent (Penney's house brand?) coat; BR dress; random red cami; Diego di Lucca patent mary janes and sheer pantyhose that continued to slip-slide down to my knees as the evening wore on, necessitating a knot in the waistband to hold 'em up. And there lies another positive to the wrap — the knotted pantyhose were completely hidden by the tie at the waist.

6 comments:

Mugdha said...

The coat-dress combo looks awesome!

SunnyDay said...

I love those shoes.

WendyB said...

Black, red and leopard is a great combo!

Jessica said...

Well, don't you look sultry! And nothing is better than a wrap dress. Bonus: it's adjustable so you can accommodate holiday pounds.

Jenni said...

Why yes, wrap dresses ARE a must! I don't understand why some days a cami is required, and others it is not. With the same dress. Do I shrink and expand that much??

Rose said...

Very glamorous look!